Before knowing about the types of engine oil, one must first know what is engine oil? Engine oil used to keep the engine of the motorcycle slippery, so that the parts of the engine move easily, it keeps the engine cool, refines all the small dirt that is stored by running the engine and let the engine run properly to get the right output. Although in our country Engine oil is known as Mobil. Mobil is actually a brand name of engine oils. This brand is so popular and well known in our country that renamed the engine oil as Mobil. Engine oil is also known by a few more names such as motor oil, or engine lubricant etc.
Let us now discuss the types of engine oilin detail.
1. Mineral engine oil
Mineral engine oil is obtained by refining raw oil from nature. Mineral engine oil is cheaper, because no other chemicals are added. However, it cannot be used for a long time, but the engine is able to meet the demand. It is better to change this engine oil after every 900 to 1000 km on a motorcycle.
- Cheaper in price
- Easily obtainable & easy to find
- Requires changing in a regular basis
- Extreme heat, or cold are not suitable weather for this oil
- Not for the best performance
- It can damage the engine parts, if not being changed after a certain time
- Little bit of extra noise provided from the engine
- Not refined in the highest technology
2. Semi-synthetic engine oil
Semi-synthetic is also called synthetic blend. It is made from a mixture of minerals and synthetics, but the amount of synthetics in the mixture is never more than 30%. It is used to take advantage of synthetic oils, but in a cheaper price. Motul first introduced it in 1966.
- At least you will get a bit of synthetic flavor.
- It protects the engine just like a synthetic engine oil
- Good performance comparing to Mineral Engine oil
- Lower in price than synthetic
- Due to the high mineral content, it is less effective in high temperature or cold weather
- Not refined in the highest technology
3. Synthetic engine oil
The engine oil is refined by the highest technology and made usable. Here every particle is the same size, so that it can penetrate any part of the engine very well and multiply the performance and efficiency of the engine.
Synthetic oil can start its work right from the start of the engine. Whereas mineral oil takes some time to spread evenly throughout the engine to be equally effective, where synthetic oil can start working quickly.
Synthetic oil reduces the fuel consumption of the Motorcycle. Mineral oil takes some time for the engine to start and work. At this time the motorcycle gets comparatively less speed and due to the higher concentration of oil the friction between the parts and engine oil inside the engine is higher. Synthetic oils, on the other hand, are equally effective at every moment. As a result, fuel consumption is lower.
- Extraordinarily effective
- Lubricants are very effective even at low temperatures
- Keeps the engine cool even at high temperatures
- Cleans engine dirt nicely
- Protects from accumulated harmful substances
- Increases engine efficiency
- Equally effective at all temperatures from low to high
- Increases engine stability by reducing friction inside the engine
- Equally effective in maximum chemical reactions
- It is less likely to evaporate in extreme heat.
- Stays effective for a long time.
- Oil molecules are exactly the same as each other
- The price is high
- There is less guarantee of getting the right quality thing in the market
- Many people do not have the right idea about effectiveness
- Low cc bike users are less interested in synthetic oil and low cc bike users are more in our country
Lastly, the guru will advise you to use the engine oil keeping in mind, what kind of engine oil you will use on your bike, what kind of engine oil will be affordable for you and the bike.
Remember, always use mineral engine oils when you bought a new bike and the break in Period is not over yet. Change the engine oil frequently when your bike is in bran-in period, it is necessary for your bikes engine. On that note using synthetic oils will not be a good option, because it will cost you much, so try to use synthetic after 3000 kilometers if you want to. Hope your bike engine oil perform better and effectively.
Different Types Of Helmet:
Helmets are as essential as the fuel. Yes it is! Helmets are the most useful safety gear that a rider can wear for their own safety. Our head is the most important part of our body and helmet saves that thing from any bad incident, so there is no alternative of wearing helmet to protect ourselves. Most of us now becoming aware of this gear and wearing helmet, but sometimes we become confused while choosing the best one for us. There are several types of Helmet available at the local market. And form bellow the line...
One of the most trusted lubricant brands Motul has started its journey with completely new commitment to the customers of Bangladesh. Motul officially started its business with Moto Industries Limited. You are going to have Motul in all the outlets of Suzuki at the same time, on the others Lubricant shops as well.Here is the products line up:
Motorcycle Engine Oil
Motorcycle Care Products
Four Wheeler Engine Oil
These are the product types:
Premium Mineral Oil
Techno synthetic or Semi Synthetic Oil
100% Synthetic Oil
300V 100% Syn...
A good news for the helmet lovers of Bangladesh. World famous Shark helmets are now available in Bangladesh. This helmet brand is doing business in all over the world successfully and they are very famous. Because of the quality, stylish design and lots of variety their helmets are very famous. All the bikes of different countries use this helmet and now it is our time to use it.
Shark mainly a helmet manufacturer company of France. They have more than 5 thousand outlets in different countries and from which they are supplying their helmets. F...
Helmet is a very necessary gear for a biker. Yes! A helmet is a sort of gear that provides maximum protection to all riders for their own safety. Our head is the most important part of our body and the helmet protects that from any mishap, so there is no alternative of wearing a helmet to protect yourself. Most of the riders are now aware about this gear and they started wearing helmets, but sometimes we get confused when we have to choose the best for us. Many people wear helmets only because they can get rid of traffic sergeant, but those hel...
Helmets are an integral part of bike riding. One of the main parts of a helmet is its visor (transparent plastic on the front) which helps us to see anything in front of us, as well as protects our eyes from sand particles, mud, dirty water etc. on the road, so that it does not get into our eyes and skin. Keeping the visor (transparent plastic on the front) of the helmet clean can protect it against stains or abrasions. The visor of the helmet can be taken care of only by following some simple rules. Let's find out how to take care of the visor...