Helmets are an integral part of bike riding. One of the main parts of a helmet is its visor (transparent plastic on the front) which helps us to see anything in front of us, as well as protects our eyes from sand particles, mud, dirty water etc. on the road, so that it does not get into our eyes and skin. Keeping the visor (transparent plastic on the front) of the helmet clean can protect it against stains or abrasions. The visor of the helmet can be taken care of only by following some simple rules. Let's find out how to take care of the visor of your helmet, and keep it clean.
A few things to do for taking care of the visor:
- Many visors are fastened with screws on both sides. If you want, you can take it off and soak it in warm water and wipe it gently with a soft tissue, or fabric.
- If the amount of oily things or dirt seems high, you can gently wipe it off with a soft tissue by soaking it for a while with a low-alkaline shampoo, such as a baby shampoo. In complex areas where it is not possible to wipe with a tissue, you can use a soft cotton bar, or fabric.
- To wipe the visor of the helmet, you can leave some soft tissue under the seat or in the tool box.
- After riding on dusty or muddy roads, go home and wash the visor first with water and when the dirt is clean, clean the visor with a soft cloth. In no case the visor can be cleaned by leaving dirt into it.
- Try to keep the visor clean with Visor Cleaner once a week.
A few things not to do for taking care of the visor:
Since the visor is an important part of a helmet, this visor cannot be rubbed or damaged in any way. Just as it is difficult to see with a rubbed visor, it is difficult to ride a bike at night, especially when the light from a car, or a big vehicle coming from the front you cannot seen anything because of those scars or rubbed areas. This type of situation can push you towards a fatal accident.
So let's find out what we cannot do to clean the visor?
- If the visor has been scrubbed for various reasons, do not wipe or clean the visor using damaged cotton or more rough cloth, or dirty cloth.
- Do not clean over any dirt. The mark will fall off.
- Do not put the helmet on the looking glass, it usually loses color when it falls and does the most damage to the visor.
- Do not use petroleum products such as petrol, kerosene, engine oil etc. Do not use furniture / glass cleaners such as Mr. Brushow.
- Do not wipe the visor with the cloth you use to wipe the bike by mistake, even if it is in danger, because there are a lot of small dust particles.
Finally, before you ride check the visor of your helmet, make sure there is no dust anywhere and after returning home after the ride, if you have time, wash the visor thoroughly and when it is a little dry, clean it with a soft cloth. Because, if this visor is not clean you will not be able to ride comfortably and at night you will not see anything perfectly in front of you, when the headlights of bus, trucks, or other vehicles coming from the opposite direction on the highway you will be flashed.
Guru Guide: If you see extreme scars, or more stains on the visor, it is safe to replace it.
Helmet is a very necessary gear for a biker. Yes! A helmet is a sort of gear that provides maximum protection to all riders for their own safety. Our head is the most important part of our body and the helmet protects that from any mishap, so there is no alternative of wearing a helmet to protect yourself. Most of the riders are now aware about this gear and they started wearing helmets, but sometimes we get confused when we have to choose the best for us. Many people wear helmets only because they can get rid of traffic sergeant, but those hel...
One of the most trusted lubricant brands Motul has started its journey with completely new commitment to the customers of Bangladesh. Motul officially started its business with Moto Industries Limited. You are going to have Motul in all the outlets of Suzuki at the same time, on the others Lubricant shops as well.Here is the products line up:
Motorcycle Engine Oil
Motorcycle Care Products
Four Wheeler Engine Oil
These are the product types:
Premium Mineral Oil
Techno synthetic or Semi Synthetic Oil
100% Synthetic Oil
300V 100% Syn...
A good news for the helmet lovers of Bangladesh. World famous Shark helmets are now available in Bangladesh. This helmet brand is doing business in all over the world successfully and they are very famous. Because of the quality, stylish design and lots of variety their helmets are very famous. All the bikes of different countries use this helmet and now it is our time to use it.
Shark mainly a helmet manufacturer company of France. They have more than 5 thousand outlets in different countries and from which they are supplying their helmets. F...
What is Engine Oil?
Before knowing about the types of engine oil, one must first know what is engine oil? Engine oil used to keep the engine of the motorcycle slippery, so that the parts of the engine move easily, it keeps the engine cool, refines all the small dirt that is stored by running the engine and let the engine run properly to get the right output. Although in our country Engine oil is known as Mobil. Mobil is actually a brand name of engine oils. This brand is so popular and well known in our country that renamed the engine oil as M...
Different Types Of Helmet:
Helmets are as essential as the fuel. Yes it is! Helmets are the most useful safety gear that a rider can wear for their own safety. Our head is the most important part of our body and helmet saves that thing from any bad incident, so there is no alternative of wearing helmet to protect ourselves. Most of us now becoming aware of this gear and wearing helmet, but sometimes we become confused while choosing the best one for us. There are several types of Helmet available at the local market. And form bellow the line...